- WD meets the technological challenges of implementing 3 TB SATA hard drives - SATA hard drives are now capable of storing up to 3 TB of data on a single hard drive. WD is leading the way in the industry, providing you with solutions for implementing 2.19 TB and larger drives. Learn more >
- Reduced power consumption - WD has reduced power consumption making it possible for our energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation
- Cool and quiet - Drives with WD GreenPower Technology yield lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives
- Perfect for external drives - External drive manufacturers can eliminate the need for a fan in a high-capacity product by utilizing the cool and quiet operation of WD Caviar Green hard drives
- IntelliPower - A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance. Additionally, WD Caviar Green drives consume less current during startup allowing lower peak loads on systems as they are booted
WD Red is the only hard drive designed for NAS systems that have 1-5 drive bays. Available in capacities ranging from 1 TB to 3 TB, WD Red is designed specifically for home and small office NAS systems. The drives are extensively tested for compatibility and reliability in the demanding operating environment of a 24x7 NAS system. WD's exclusive NASware firmware technology enables seamless integration and balanced performance. Innovative technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature, and with a 35% improvement in MTBF over desktop drives, WD Red is a more reliable and robust NAS hard drive solution.